Monisha Bharadwaj has developed some delicious recipes in conjunction with Warburtons and so we gave some of them a try with the different Naan Chips.
The Murgh Mirch Chaat is a quick and easy substantial dip recipe using leftover cooked chicken... So after your roast on a Sunday, don't just stick the leftover meat in a one-pot curry or stew! Make this deliciously simple dip and keep it a secret that it's a thrifty way of using up your leftovers!
Serves 4, Preparation time 10 minutes, Cooking time 30 minutes.
1 tsp black peppercorns
1 tsp pink peppercorns
2 tbsp sunflower oil
1 large onion, sliced
1 grren chilli, finely diced
2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
Few sprigs of fresh dill, chopped
300g cooked chicken, shredded
1 tbsp lemon juice
- Dry roast the 2 kinds of peppercorns in a small saucepan, and crush to a powder in a mortar and pestle. Reserve.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a frying pan. Add the onions and fry on a medium heat until soft. Stir in the chilli and ginger-garlic paste and cook for a minute.
- Tip in the dill and allow to wilt for a couple of minutes.
- Add the cooked chicken,season with salt, drizzle with lemon juice and heat through.
- Mix in the reserved crushed peppercorns and serve at room temperature.
This recipe is matched with the spicy and medium-hot chips, but we tried it with all of the flavours and it worked well with each of them! And we also used coriander rather than dill, as we couldn't get our hands on any in my home town!
The chips are also great as a snack on their own... A long drive to Kent via Bristol at the weekend was partly fuelled by Warburtons Naan Chips!
A bonus is that they are lower in fat than potato chips but still must be shared(!) as the bags are pretty big and generously filled, no half bags here!
All members of the family enjoyed the flavours - from the youngest aged 5 to the eldest aged .... !
They would be great as a starter with Indian dip "Nacho-style" or on a buffet. For those entertaining over the festive period, these would definitely be a great buy to have in stock to impress your guests!
So pick yourself up a pack or 2 from Morrisons supermarkets around the country - keep your eye on their Facebook page here for stockists updates! And check out the Warburtons website here for lots more great tasting products!