Chestnut and Chocolate Mousse Cake – serves 10.
250g boiled or roasted chestnuts, peeled
250ml full fat milk
250g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
250g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
4 large eggs, separated
125g caster sugar
Raspberries, cream and chocolate to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 160C/Gas 3. Grease and line a deep 22cm round loose-bottomed tin. Put chestnuts and milk in a small pan, boil and simmer for 1 min then remove from heat. Puree in blender.
2. Melt butter and chocolate in bowl over a pan of hot water. Remove bowl from pan, stir in chestnut puree.
3. With clean, dry beaters, whisk egg whites until stiff. Add ½ the sugar and whisk again until stiff. Put yolks and remaining sugar in another bowl and whisk until pale.
4. Stir the egg yolk mixture into the chocolate mixture. Fold in egg white mix. Put in cake tin and bake for 55-60 mins.
5. Leave to cool before removing from the tin. Serve with raspberries, whipped cream and grated chocolate.
Per serving: 470 calories, 22g saturated fat.