Thursday 7 June 2012

Nestle Honey Cheerios Review

At the end of last week we were sent some Nestle Honey Cheerios to review.  Now, I know you all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day - begin with a good healthy meal inside you and your day will be off to a great start! 

I'm quite lucky as my son is a great eater but often it is "hit and miss" as to what my daughter wants to eat for breakfast in the morning... until we tried the Honey Cheerios that is.  They were loved by both of my children and from a parent's perspective they are great as a healthy breakfast with out having to add any sugar.  The sweetness is there from the honey; but they are not too sweet as the flavour of the honey really comes through.



A 30g serving with milk contains over a quarter of the recommended intake of the main vitamins and minerals and, at over 63% wholegrain, makes a very healthy breakfast indeed!

With just an 11 o'clock fruit snack- my children weren't hungry again until lunchtime which shows how filling and satisfying the cereals are.  I would highly recomend the cereals for not just families, but also households without children.  They also double up as a great midnight supper snack... who said midnight feasts are just for kids?!?!  Sometimes I just love a bowl of cereal before bed - my husband's wisecrack everytime... "are you eating your cereal now in case you get up late in the morning?!"

An extra bonus is to collect the Box Tops for Books vouchers to enable your local school to get free DK books; another great addition to your children's day at school - healthy breakfast and free books!

Pop over to the Cheerios Facebook page here and say "hello" to the Cheerios Team!

Anyway, off to see what delights are in store for me this evening.... speak soon!


4 comments:

  1. We all love cheerios so we'll have to give these a go too

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's not to like...honey and Cheerios.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No doubt that Nestle cheerios is good for kids. It contains vitamins and minerals. It is a great review that you gave us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been giving my kids Nestle Cherios every day for years and today, am horrified to find out that the 31.5 grams of sugar per 100g grams makes honey nut cherios one of the worst offenders in cereals for children.
    I looked at a lot of websites - this one lays it all out pretty clearly: http://www.greenkiddie.co.uk/Breakfast.php.

    Why oh why do Nestle feel it's appropriate to put so much sugar into cereals aimed at kids??? The american version of cherios, made by Quaker oats I think, has only 1g of sugar, and hence is actually a healthy option over there!!! Honestly - I read on one of the websites that giving your kids these cereals is akin to giving them a sugar laden cup cake followed by a vitamin pill chaser!?!

    What I have learned is basically that to look at the side of the box at the ingredients - specifically watching out for those classed as High sugar content (over 15g of total sugars per 100g) and choosing instead options with low sugar content (defined as having 5g of total sugars or less per 100g).
    So sadly Nestle Cherios are now banned in my house :-(

    ReplyDelete