Homemade Burgers - makes 4 burgers (or 8 small burgers), takes 10 mins to make and about 15 mins to cook.
4 spring onions, trimmed
400g beef mince
1 medium free range egg
Large handful fresh parsley, or other herbs, chopped (optional)
1 tsp Dijon mustard
A little oil, to grease the ovenproof tray
4 bread rolls of your choice
To serve, ketchup or chilli and tomato relish, lettuce leaves and ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced.
- Turn the oven on to 200C/Gas 6. Firstly, cut the spring onions into small pieces. Put the spring onions into a large bowl and add the mince.
- Crack the egg into a small bowl and stir with a fork until blended. Add this to the mince and mix it together really well with the herbs, if using, and mustard.
- Divide the mixture in half and then in half again to make 4 (or divide again to make 8). Use your hands to shape into burgers.
- Brush a little oil over an ovenproof tray, put the burgers onto the tray and cook for about 10 mins. Take the tray out of the oven, turn the burgers over and cook for another 5 mins or until they are golden and cooked all the way through.
- Serve the burgers in buns with the relishes and salad.
Per serving: 395 kcal, 19.6g fat, 8.0g saturated fat, 2.8g sugar, 0.4g salt.
Source: the Co-operative instore magazine.