Summer Berry Fruity Jelly - serves 8, takes 30 mins plus chilling
500g strawberries, hulled and quartered
175g caster sugar
1 ½ tsp lemon juice
9 sheets fine leaf gelatine
75ml elderflower cordial
- Put 200g strawberries, 125g raspberries and 80g blueberries in a medium pan with the sugar, lemon juice and 700ml cold water. Warm gently until the sugar dissolves and liquid starts to simmer.
- Cover and simmer until the fruit is very soft (5 mins).
- Meanwhile, put the gelatine leaves in a bowl and cover with cold water. Leave to stand for 5-10 mins until soft.
- Strain the hot juice through a sieve into a bowl – don’t press the fruit through the sieve as this will turn the jelly cloudy.
- Squeeze any excess water from the gelatine and add the leaves to the hot juice. Stir until completely dissolved then mix in the cordial. Leave to cool at room temperature.
- Pour 1/3 of the jelly mixture into a 2 litre jelly mould. Scatter with 1/3 of the remaining fruit. Cover and place in the fridge for 30 mins or until lightly set.
- Pour over half of the rest of the jelly mix; scatter with half of the remaining fruit. Chill for 30-60 mins until lightly set. Add remaining jelly and fruit, cover and chill overnight or for at least 6 hours. Serve with ice cream or single cream.
Per serving: 150kcal, trace fat, trace saturated fat, 35g sugar, trace salt.
Source: Tesco instore magazine.