Stir-fried Beef with Oyster Sauce – serves 4, ready in 40 minutes, including preparation and marinating time.
450g lean rump or sirloin steak
1 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp dry sherry
2 tsp cornflour
3tbsp groundnut oil
3 tbsp oyster sauce
1 ½ tbsp finely chopped spring onion, to garnish
1. Cut the beef into slices 5cm long and 5mm thick, cutting against the grain. Put in a bowl.
2. Mix in the soy sauce, sesame oil, dry sherry and cornflour and marinate for 20 mins.
3. Heat the oil in a wok. Add the beef and stir-fry for 5 mins until lightly browned.
4. Drain the meat well in a colander and set aside. Discard the oil. Wipe the wok clean and reheat over a high heat. Add the oyster sauce and bring to a simmer.
5. Return the beef to the wok and toss thoroughly with the oyster sauce. Serve immediately with rice, garnished with spring onions.
Source: Asda instore magazine.