175g soft brown sugar
1 tbsp golden syrup
250g porridge oats
- Preheat the oven to Gas 2 (150C) and line a 20cm square tin with greaseproof paper.
- Melt the butter, sugar and syrup in a large saucepan over a low heat until completely melted and combined.
- Add the porridge oats and stir well to mix.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake in the oven for 35-40 mins.
- Remove from the oven, and place on a wire rack STILL IN THE TIN. Don't make the mistake of trying to take it out of the tin as the flapjack will still be soft.
- After about 10 mins, score the flapjack into squares/rectangles. Only lift from the tin when completely cool.
- Cut along the score lines into squares/rectangles. Enjoy!