We often have a family tea party so that my children can still get dressed up... here's one of our favourite recipes, great served with 'eyeball jelly' (grapes and fruit jelly!).
3 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
Pinch of salt
2/3 cup of granulatd sugar
1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 105C. Line 2 baking sheets with baking parchment.
- Beat together the egg whites, cream of tartar and salt until foamy. Slowly add the sugar, one spoonful at a time and continue beating until the meringue stands up in stiff, shiny peaks, then beat in the vanilla.
- Spoon the mixture into a piping bag and pipe 7cm bone shapes; a long line with 2 rounded blobs at either end.
- Cook in the oven for 1 hour, then turn the oven off and leave in the oven for a further hour.
- Carefully remove from the baking sheets and serve with gruesome 'eyeball jelly'!